Friday, July 15, 2011

Breakfast in bed is overrated

My man is better than yours..

Im just sayin'..

That would have been my title,

but you probably wouldn't have read this

sooo

I chose something less threatening,

yet still true.

Cause who likes to eat in there bed?

The idea is nice,

but food and drinks where you lay your head

or..

do other stuff..

is not a good match..

on the other hand,

if you choose the right "food"

with the "other stuff..."

uh..

nevermind..

OKAY

This morning I woke up to feed Gavin at 6 and then put him back down.

Landon woke up around 8 and my husband told me to sleep in cause he wanted to go to the store anyway.

YAHOO!

So I don't wake up until 9:30,

that's when Gavin woke up for the day.

I come out to the kitchen to find Matt dicing, mixing, and roasting veggies.

He's making a special breakfast for us.

A Roasted Veggie Frittata

Yep, my man is better than yours!

It was DELICIOUS!

AND on top of that he did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen when he was finished.

It's things like these when I least expect it that let me know how loved I am.

And I hope he knows how loved he is.


Roasted Veggie Fritatta: (In case your man wants to try)


3 Medium red bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters


4 Garlic Cloves, unpeeled


2 Large zucchini, cut into 3.5 inch strips


1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch slices


1 Tbsp Olive oil


4 Eggs plus 6 egg whites


1 tsp salt


1/4 tsp cayenne pepper


1/3 cup finely shredded parmesean cheese


1. Preheat oven to 425*. Line the bottoms of 2 baking sheets with foil and cooking spray.


2. Place bell pepper and garlic on one pan, and zucchini and onion on the other. Brush vegetables with oil. Roast zucchini and onion on lowest rack and bell pepper and garlic on center rack ofoven for 15 minutes. Remove zucchini and onion from oven and move the bel pepper tray to bottom rack for about 10 more mins. Remove from oven and let stand about 5 mins. Remove skin from bell pepper and garlic. Coarsely chop veggies and place in a large bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt.


3. Reduce oven temp to 350*. Coat a 9-by-1.5inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites, remaining salt and cayenne pepper. Stir egg mixture into veggie mixture; stir in parmesean cheese. Pour mixture into cakepan.


4. Bake uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.


You won't regret it. :)

No comments: