Saturday, April 9, 2011

Meeting goals, Setting new ones

I try to be the best I can be. I want to be the best mom. I want to be the best wife. The best friend. The best daughter. The list can continue, however I will spare you. Sometimes I know I can fail.


I'm human.

I want to be someone my husband wants to come home to. Well what wife doesn't want that? I know there are those days when I'm in sweats, the house is a mess and the kids are insane. Matt walks in the door and I can see the overwhelmed look written on his face. Although there ARE days like this, I try to make these minimal.

I want Matt to come home, see a wife who is looking her best, kids that are happy, and a house that is ready for him to relax in.


That is where the whole operation "get rid of baby weight" comes in. I want to look as good for him as I can. Not that he ever complained or was anything other than supportive and full of compliments. But I was still having a hard time with this. Losing those last pounds that didn't want to go away no matter how much excercise I did.

Matt had a co-worker who has made meal plans for a lot of his friends from work. She was previously a body builder and personal trainer. I was a little worried, because I didn't want to lose my milk by not getting enough calories. I thought I would try it for a week and then see if it needed readjusting. Well within a week, I lost 7 lbs and had no problems with my milk. WOW! I was so happy. It was easy to be motivated and stick to it because I was actually seeing an immediate difference.


Some of you were wondering what it all consisted of so I thought I would write it on here. A typical day for me.. which I never got hungry or was left unsatisfied..


8am - Either 1/2 oatmeal w/ fresh strawberries or 3 egg whites 1 whole egg scrambled and put into 2 corn tortillas with salsa.


11am-2 Turkey Patties w/ 4oz. sweet potato


2pm- 5oz Albacore Tuna with Low fat mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, 1/4cup low fat mozerella cheese, avacado and balsalmic vinegar and olive oil


5pm- 1 cup whole wheat pasta, 6oz. ground turkey and red spaghetti sauce with a side salad.


If I needed something before bed I would eat a piece of celery with all natural peanut butter or the laughing cow cheese.


So as you can see, it is all yummy food, and I am constantly eating, so I am never feeling hungry or starving. AND IT WORKED!!! And, Landon would eat every meal with me and he LOVED it. So we were making a healthy change all at the same time. I am all about change and improvement for the better.

(However, I have decided to have a cheat day every now and then to meet those cravings and keep my body guessing so it doesn't become used to it.. but more for the first reason ;))


So now that I met my pre-pregnance weight goal, I am on to a new one.. Pre-wedding weight haha. I have 8 lbs to meet that goal... Hopefully by summer!!

3 comments:

Mary Mason said...

You look amazing friend and you inspire me in so many ways! Love you!

Natalee said...

You are a ROCK STAR!! You look amazing and are such an good example for all of us mommas trying to lose that weight!

So glad you are my friend!

jbauers said...

You look fabulous!!!!! And you are the very best daughter any mom and dad could ever dream of, and always have been!