Friday, June 3, 2011

4 Years Stronger

Matt and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary this past week. We did an overnight date to Temecula. This was the first time we left Gavin overnight, but it was time. Matt and I needed a little one on one time. Date nights are nice, but I would have to say being able to stay out all night and sleep in all morning is amazing. Well sleeping through the night uninterupted is AMAZING!!



So we dropped the kids off with my mom, who is such a great Grandma, and we were on our way. I knew the kids would have a blast, they always do.




























We drove straight to a winery where we had reservations.



























It was a really cute place that was made by a Disney Imagineer who constructed the place to look like Snow Whites Cabin. It was beautiful. Matt and I had a great time. It was very private and romantic. Perfect little date.
Next we headed to check in at Temecula Creek Inn. It was right on the golf course and our room had a wrap around balcony. We did the "date night" package so we got champagne and chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room when we arrived. We were able to relax and sit outside enjoying eachothers company. Uninterupted company. :)
























We had dinner reservations at the restaurant at the Inn, so we headed down there next. I highly recommend their food. It was sooooooooooooo good. It's nice to be able to eat hot food and to actually have a conversation over dinner.. not that I don't like eating dinner as a family.




After dinner we went to the Temecula Promenade where we did some shopping and then got some ice cream. Shopping too is much easier kidless ;)

So we headed back to the Inn and got in the hot tub. It was the perfect night for that. All around it was such a relaxing day... and we still had a whole day ahead for just the two of us.




We slept in! Both of us! Took our time getting ready AND I only had to dress myself! Haha. We went to In n Out which was my choice because I was starving and didn't want to wait at a restaraunt. Matt asked if I was over the romantacism hehe. After eating we went to Old Town Temecula. We walked Old Town stopping in the shops and even did some wine tastings. A lot of the wineries also make their own olive oil, so we did an olive oil tasting too. Sounds weird, but it was actually really cool and fun. We had a blast, but we were ready to head home and get the kids.





























































As we drove home I looked over at Matt and said, "Im kinda sad its back to reality now." He looked over at me and said, "I don't know about you, but I love my reality."



Happy Anniversary Babe. Love You!

No comments: